Happy Newyear!

First off, happy Newyear everyone! :-)



Tis the month to make Newyear's resolutions, and I figured that's exactly what I should do for this next blog post. So I have written down 10 resolutions that I would like to share with you. Here they come!

1. Lose weight - Ah cliché, isn't it? A never ending struggle is what it is! Ugh! Every year starts with the same resolution. But this time, something really has to be done! Therefor, in order to really lose some weight, I'm going to try to mainly eat more healthy. I have recently discovered Hellofresh and my first box will be delivered next Saturday. I won't say too much about this yet, but basically it's like a box of ingredients and a recipe book that gets delivered at your door step. And they also have fruit boxes, which I'm really looking forward to. More on that later!
Any recommendations on healthy food, or maybe light snacks I might have to try? I'd like to hear it! 

2. Spend more time on my blog - Yet another cliché, I know. It's easier said than done though. Real life does get in the way sometimes. We've all been there. But I promise to try! :-)

3. Get my make up sorted - You know when sometimes you're in a hurry and looking for a particular lipstick, and you have the colour in mind and it would fit your outfit just perfectly, but it's not in your make up bag, and you have so many handbags filled with so much clutter... But that lipstick is nowhere to be found! So you're forced to put on another one 'cause you just can't find the one you're looking for and you're already running late and are like "Damn!". That's what I want to avoid in 2016! I see so many make up corner vlogs on you tube, all with make up so neatly sorted and I get jealous of that. I'm like "How do they do that? And how do they keep everything so sorted?" I want that too! All my make up in one place, and everything right there in my reach. Goal! 

4. Get the house sorted - Same way I want my make up sorted, I want our house to be neatly sorted as well. We bought our house like a year and a half ago. But I still think some things are missing. Not everything has found it's definite place yet. And I still need a lot of interior decoration to make it look a little more cosy than it already is. Like I need to select and develop some pictures to put on the walls. Some paintings wouldn't look bad either. I still need a shoe organizer. I need to finally decorate the guest room. And after all that's done, I want to have the attic properly done so I can decorate that as well, and maybe in the future move my make up corner up there. 

5. Get my wardrobe sorted - Like the make up and the house above... I know it sounds like I'm a really messy person, which sometimes isn't too far from the truth to be honest, but I'm also a hoarder. I have a hard time throwing things away. So it just so happens I have things in my closet I used to wear back when I was a teenager, lol. Same with my jeans. I think I have like 20 pairs of jeans I just can't say goodbye too... It's a disaster!
 
6. Wear my contacts more often - Yep. I'm sometimes too lazy to put my contacts in and just put my glasses on instead. I'm really cool like that, yup! lol Most of the time I look like a school teacher! I want that changed in 2016. I'm going to take the effort to put them in and just shine more! Haha! 

7. Sleep more - I don't think this resolution needs much explanation... It is what it is!

8. Say no and speak my mind more often - I'm a Taurus so that means I'm a "go along" kind of person. I'm not difficult to get along or live with at all. I'm okay with basically anything. I'm also always trying to please other people in my life. But that also means I sometimes take myself for granted in order to please someone else. More often than I should. So I've come to realise now, getting older, it's about time to finally change that and think about myself more often.

9. Enjoy simple things in life - This is something the hubby inspires me to do sometimes and I love him for that. Enjoying little things in life can sometimes be so fulfilling. Just feeling the moment and not having to think about anything else. It has to do with mindfulness too, which is also something I'm very interested in, and would like to explore more of...

10. Think less, do more! This resolution goes, more or less, hand in hand with number 8. Stop overthinking things and just go right ahead. Plunge into the deep and see how long it takes till I resurface! Solving problems only when they come up. Take risks, enjoy life!

These were my New Years resolutions for 2016. I'm sure you've made some too, everybody does. What have you decided to change or to maintain for the new year? Please let me know! I would love to hear from you. Also, if you have any tips on how to improve mine, do tell!

Bye for now!

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.