Les 4 Ombres by Chanel

So one of the main things you need to know about me is that I’m a sucker for make-up. I am a real girls girl, okay. When I was little, my mom’s make-up was never safe from me. And that never changed either as I grew up.

Last month, when I got my latest Elle copy, my eyes immediately focused on the last page, being the lovely Chanel “Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow” ad. The colours on that model (Tissé Venitien) are absolutely gorgeous, aren’t they. Wow, I instantly fell in love with it! I’d already seen and read many reviews about “Les 4 Ombres” on other blogs, but never paid more attention to them.

Driven by curiosity, I dropped into my local beauty shop and specifically asked for the Tissé Poésie (rather pinkish quad) from the new fall/winter line, as that was my favourite online. (I like Tissé Venitien, but as I don’t usually use or buy greenish eye shadow, decided I’d go for something else) Unfortunately the sales woman went on to tell me it was a “one shot” (whatever the hell that means!) and they didn’t have it in stock anymore. Bugger! Still, I decided to go for the Tissé Rivoli instead, which is more brownish and spoke the most to me.



 It wasn’t what I initially went for but I have to say, taking it home and trying it, it didn’t let me down!





As you can see on my swatch, it has some sort of shimmer in it. And people who know me, know that I’m all about glitter and shimmer and paillettes etc… So I love that! I’ve tried it on more then once now, and what I’m also very happy with is the lasting factor of it all. When I get home at 6pm and look in the mirror, everything is all still there and perfectly in place. 

Also, you can really tell it’s more professional make-up, or as the saleswoman told me “it pigments much better” than other more commercial make-up. True fact! I’m glad I discovered this line of Eye Shadow. And even though it’s price is of a rather higher range, I’m convinced it’s definitely really worth every penny! (or should I say euro?)

J


0 reacties:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.